PLUG IN to CYMERTEK
Position: Cyber Security Engineer
And design your future…
Cymertek is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join our team and work in beautiful McLean, VA. This position will provide 24x7 security monitoring, Tier 1 and Tier 2 support, and security incident response. You will be expected to perform red teaming and vulnerability testing before deployments; analyze and monitor the network for external threat vectors and attacks; collect signature data through SIGINT and other channels to regularly analyze and test against aggregation and signature thresholds.
Clearance Requirement: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Technical Skills/Education Required:
- Roles & Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Responsible for developing and executing test procedures to verify security controls
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Systems Administration tasks such as configuring & maintaining Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy Objects, security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, implementing Department of Defense requirements on servers and workstations
- System analysis activities to include requirements analysis, gap analysis, analysis of alternatives
- COTS/GOTS software installation, documentation, configuration and maintenance
- Development of trade studies to introduce solutions, products, services and best practices to fit customer needs
- There is the expectation that the hired candidate has the ability to provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements of platforms, systems and labs
- Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security or a related discipline or at least 3-5 years of equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- At least five years of related experience, including experience with networking concepts, protocols and security methodologies
- Experience with Identity and Access Management systems
- Prior experience in the administration/engineering of operating systems, database systems, and/or network systems
- Experience with Active Directory
- Expert technical knowledge of risk management, and information security concepts and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly as they relate to preparing and delivering client reports and briefings
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter who can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security or a related discipline
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CEH, Security +, CCSP, ISSEP
Who We Are
In a sea of federal contractors, we stand out because of our commitment to our employees. Our vision is pretty straightforward – we’re building an environment that our team members simply don’t want to leave.
Cymertek is a growing small business with several diverse government contracts, supporting our nation’s information technology and cyber security strategy. We offer meaningful, challenging work using the latest technologies, paid training to make the best of your talents and grow your career, and a laid-back, inclusive atmosphere where you aren’t just another number. We are a long-term relationship company that invests in our employees, encourages professional and personal growth, and offers a phenomenal benefits package.
Email us at email@example.com or apply today: www.cymertek.com
- Excellent Salaries
- Flexible Work Schedule
- 10% - 401k Matching (Vested Immediately)
- 30 days Paid Leave/Holiday (No Use or Lose!)
- Medical/Dental/Vision - 100% employee coverage. ($1200 allowance - or a bonus)
- Long Term/Short Term Disability - 100% employee coverage. No cost to you.
- Life Insurance - 100% employee coverage. No cost to you.
- Paid Training
- No long, wordy reviews with tons of paperwork!!!
- Referral bonus program
Want to see what our employees think? Click here
REFER A FRIEND!
Let’s build a dream team together! We pay up to 10k in external referral fees for fully cleared hires. All resumes will be kept Top Secret Confidential! Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org