PLUG IN to CYMERTEK
And design your future…
Position: Senior Software Engineer (SWE)/DevOps Engineer
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Cloud Experience: Shall have three (3) years demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.;
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.;
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS); Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON
- Experience with Java 6+
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with an orchestration service (Kubernetes or Marathon/Mesos)
- Experience with building / developing with docker containers
- Experience with these database technologies: Solr, Elasticsearch, Influx
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Kibana, Grafana
- Experience with DevOps in general
Clearance Requirement: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Who We Are
In a sea of federal contractors, we stand out because of our commitment to our employees. Our vision is pretty straightforward – we’re building an environment that our team members simply don’t want to leave.
Cymertek is a growing small business with several diverse government contracts, supporting our nation’s information technology and cyber security strategy. We offer meaningful, challenging work using the latest technologies, paid training to make the best of your talents and grow your career, and a laid-back, inclusive atmosphere where you aren’t just another number. We are a long-term relationship company that invests in our employees, encourages professional and personal growth, and offers a phenomenal benefits package.
Flexible Work Schedule
10% - 401k Matching (Vested Immediately) plus Annual Profit Sharing
30 days Paid Leave/Holiday (No Use or Lose!)
Additional 1 Day Paid Leave for Birthday
6 weeks Maternity/Paternity Leave
Medical/Dental/Vision - 100% employee coverage. ($1200 allowance - or a bonus)
Long Term/Short Term Disability - 100% employee coverage. No cost to you.
Life Insurance - 100% employee coverage. No cost to you.
No long, wordy reviews with tons of paperwork!!!
Referral bonus program
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply today: www.cymertek.com
REFER A FRIEND!
Let’s build a dream team together! We pay up to 10k in external referral fees for fully cleared hires. All resumes will be kept Top Secret Confidential! Send resumes to email@example.com